Bali Bootcamp 2012 Review
Well – this time a few weeks ago we would have arrived in Bali, gone for a light walk with Karen… trained hard, slept well, built strong relationships with the crew, eaten all the amazing feasts Goosa kept provided us, enjoyed our daily hit of banana pancakes & kapai puku, you girls would have heckled me way too much for no reason & enjoyed what I think is an amazing unique week words & pictures cant quiet describe..
The Bootcamp is designed to get everyone out of their comfort zone a little bit, we do things people normally don’t do when they are at home or on a holiday, we train harder & longer daily which is a great acheivment within itself & we get to enjoy everything the BEST part of Bali has to offer..
Where else in the world do you get to use sandbags & coconuts as weights!
This was our 5th successful trip now & it keeps getting better and better thanks to Karen & her amazing team.
I cant thank you all enough for making last week a really special week for me.. I honestly enjoyed getting to know you all a lot better, I enjoyed seeing you all achieve things you might not have thought you could have achieved & lastly I enjoyed seeing everyone laughing & enjoying themselves
Some stats to be proud of:
- Running sessions – 3 hours & 25 minutes
- Fitness Camp sessions – 6 hours
- Trekking – 7 hours
- Yoga – 2 hours
- Cycling – 2 hours & 40 minutes
That’s roughly 20 hours of exercise… wow!
A few awards need to be given out!
- Serina – the ’didn’t listen award‘ Apart from not listening during training sessions, you couldn’t have been a better international recruit for the ProSport team. You gave it 100%, you never gave up – I couldn’t have be happier with you joining us for the week. Well done & thanks!
- Pivee – the ’always smiling award‘ Apart from the fact you turned up not really knowing what you were doing for the week.. You took everything in stride & did so well. Always smiling, I hope you are very proud of yourself because I am.. Thanks for coming along & making it a great week.
- Max – gets the ’motivator award‘ The energy you bought with you from Tassie was first class.. Your drive to keep pushing yourself (& Pat) was nothing short of perfect! Was great having you apart of the team.. Highlight of the trip was your 8 x push ups on your toes.. Thanks for coming Max, you would make a great trainer
- Pat – wins ’the heart & soul award‘ every group has that someone that keeps the group together. That was you Pat! If you weren’t dislocating shoulders with your punches you were focused on getting the most out of every session you did.. When it came time to pick on the trainer – you didn’t & I cant thank you enough for that.. Well done Pat on doing really well
- Steph – this one is a NO brainer. You get ’the heckler award‘ I swear any other trainer would have cried.. Apart from all the heckles it was great having you apart of the camp. You were a late call up but I was really happy you came along. You made everything fun & very light hearted.. (any grey hairs pop up – I am going to call them ‘stephs’) PS – Kokoda this years means for me: 7 days of no sleep, stress, sweaty clothes, 96ks of jungle, looking after my guys & steph trying to break me – I am starting to think it could happen.. I will keep everyone posted with how I go
- Belinda - ’the experienced campaigner‘ took the week in her stride.. Was apart of every session, every joke & every laugh that happened for the week. Great seeing you having a crack at the training, look out Paris.. Belinda is coming! Looking forward to the Gold Coast 1/2 with you in July..
- Kristy - ’the dancing queen award‘ if she wasn’t training hard, she was either taking photos, dancing or singing.. Always up for a challenge, you bought lots of fun & positive energy to the group which was great to see Kristy. Well done on having a great week. Your family would have been so proud of you…
- Ann – the ’I LOVE CRAWF award‘ you could have also got the ‘quote un quote award’ as well for a few quotes you gave during the week. Here are a few to remind us all – ’do monkeys talk’ ‘where is the box we are stepping over for these lunges’ ‘I hate yoga’ ‘I hate Armadale people’ ‘I am never getting married’ - its all good Ann, you were great to have a part of the crew.. Keep up your running, you are going to have a great year on the running track.
There you have it – the 2012 Bali Bootcamp awards… Congratulations!